Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Easterns Recap

Basically this weekend was a crashfest for us at Stevens. Saturday my teammates went down in the TT, resulting in a trip to the hospital(at least we got some vicodin out of it, more on that later) followed by another nasty crash by me on the so called chicane of carnage that resulted in me finishing my collegiate season in a sling. Other than that, I guess it went pretty well...

Saturday's TT saw our Stevens C1 team battling it out w/ RIT TT team. Our guys got caught on the later part of the course which was followed by a nasty crash on gravel. My teammate needed medical attention and could not do the road race, which was an A race for him. I feel bad as he trained hard for the soul crushing climb up Black Mo., on the upside he got some free vicodin. The rest of our team competed in the road race with less than steller results, basically we got pwnd on that climb. I am definitely not the climber I was last year, but that's what happens when you train for the crit central that is the NJBA.

Sunday was the fast and furious Frat row crit, which the now infamous chicane of carnage. There were several crashes, including myself. I left the race in a sling from a banged up shoulder. Luckily my teammate gave me some of his vicodin, and yes it was awesome I felt nothing for several hours. On a side note, my teammate learned that beer and meds don't mix as he quickly felt the effects of the meds after his beer at dinner. The rest of our guys did well, including a 4th place finish for our Men's D team. I didn't have a great collegiate season, but I truly enjoyed myself. Between hosting a race, helping develop the new riders on our team, and recruiting more women I have been very busy. We have already picked up some new riders for next season, and we're already looking forward to our summer season of racing. I will be looking to redeem myself later this month at the NJ State TT, 40km of joy...as always here are some pics from the weekend(disclaimer, my teamate Orlando has informed that he will no longer allow my to 'borrow' his photos for my blog posts)




this last one is my favorite, as it basiclly sums up riding in Hoboken...

2 comments:

  1. Hope you and your teammate have good recoveries. Crashes happen, so it's awesome you both take it in stride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good words, crashing is a part of the sport and we both realize that. It's definitely not the first of the last...

    ReplyDelete