Monday, January 25, 2010

Race schedule slowly coming together

After much waiting, the venerable Charlie Issendorf has finally released the title Sponsor for 2010 Prospect Park Series. For the past two years, Cadence Multisport has been the title sponsor for this racing series. This year Lucarelli & Castaldi will be the new title sponsor for 2010. Prospect Park racing has been the meat of my season for the last two years, and this year will be no different. Typically Prospect Park always has a races going Saturdays and Sundays, but it is always the "Cup Series" that draws the biggest, nastiest, hairiest fields.

It is in these races at Prospect that I have learned the most. This season I hope to go from the dark horse in the race to a marked man. Most of my races there last season, I was always a dark horse during the race with no one paying attention to anything I did. If I were a breakaway rider, that would be awesome...unfortunately that is not the case. No teamates = no leadout = not a good sprint position. Luckily I have several new teammates at Montclair and Stevens so I should have plenty of help this season, and with a little luck and planning I should be able to take a few sprints this season at one of my all time favorite venues.

As far as USAC and ECCC races; most of schedule is set. Unfortunately I won't be able to do all the ECCC races this season thanks to a heavy senior workload. Its bitter sweet, as this will be my last year racing in college. But such is life....
Less ECCC races means more NJ racing, which is great for me as it means less driving and not having to be up crazy early to get to races on time.

There has been lots going on at Stevens, especially since we are once again hosting our own race and co-hosting a race weekend with Princeton. Flyers for both will be out shortly, so keep your eyes open for those.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I won't be able to do all the ECCC races this season thanks to a heavy senior workload.

    Pff! You can make it to all but 1 weekend (I was taking the Fundamentals of Engineering exam during X-Pot), I did it as a senior mechanical engineer, and we were on trimesters, so the Columbia/Stevens weekend was right before finals for winter term. And I raced A's (kind of)

    No excuses, race like a champion.

    Good luck with your season

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve, but right now priority number 1 for this semester is getting a full time job, followed by not failing school. Is this blasphemy,maybe, but I'll still be racing as much as I can and trying to have a blast while doing it.

    ReplyDelete