Monday, March 9, 2009

Race Report

Well my start of the 2009 collegiate season has officially started. Didn't go to well to say the least...

In the ITT, I had mechanical issues and did the first portion of the course in my small ring which caused my to lose a minimum of 30 seconds. In the crit I did OK, but didn't finish where i wanted. I question the fitness level of some of these racers. They may be strong now, but come June will they be burnt out??? Well if they just race collegiate, then more power to you. But for USCF racers like me, there is no need to be that fit this early. The bulk of my season is in June anyway, so I if get wrecked now no big worries.

In the Circuit Race, I took a nasty spill in the C2 field w/ 3 laps to go. An out of true wheel is to blame as i went down on a slippery right hand turn. The most annoying part was that I felt really good during the race. Oh well, that bike racing for you. I hope to see everyone out at the Stevens Crit this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment