Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stevens Criterium

So now that our race is over, I can finally get a full night of sleep :)

Seriously, everyone involved in the race has been working hard over the past few months to make sure this race would go off with out a hitch. From what I saw today, everyone was satisfied with the course. Yes even the infamous Joe Kopena, who gave me and my teammates some well deserved praise. From what I heard from teams as they left, the race was fun and well run.

We started early this morning by re-sweeping the course and getting our marshals in place. We had plenty of volunteers from various organizations at Stevens and full support of the Hoboken Police Department. Several teams showed up early to preview the course that some said was dangerous. Before the first D1 field there were pre-jitters all around the parking lot. After the first few laps that all changed as the racing became fast and furious. I think the leaders in each field lapped the pack several times. It was definitely a memorable day of racing.

We were on schedule for most of the races, and I am very impressed with how well everyone on my team handled themselves. This was a difficult endeavor to undertake, and we were able to put on very successful race.

We had some problems early this year with blogging, permits, etc etc. In the end Stevens put on a good race and I am very excited to be able to put this race on again next year. All my teammates were very proud to say that they were part of such a good event. For the future we will try to get a longer course to avoid so many people being lapped. The potholes will hopefully be taken care of and will have a super smooth crit. Now I'm looking forward to next week and U Delaware. Hope to see everyone there

No comments:

Post a Comment