Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Army weekend recap and pics

This past weekend Stevens showed up to West Point for the much anticipated USMA race weekend. We stayed at Ray's house for the weekend, which was awesome. Free food and free housing, doesn't get better than that. We also hosted 4 riders from UMass, they were all great guests. Friday night we all arrived just in time for a big dinner courtesy of Raymond's mother. I must say its nice to have a home cooked meal after several weekends of eating out at and gross school cafeteria food. Later that night me and Uri from UMass had and epic battle of connect four. I was told by his teammates that he was undefeated. So naturally I said this finance major is not smarter than yours truly, a pretty savvy Mechanical Engineering major. Long story short after 2 hours of playing we ended 2-2 with about 7 consecutive draws. I must say finance majors are smarter than i thought.

So the next morning we woke up bright and early(5am) to make the TTT and circuit race. TTT went well, our top team finish less than half a second out of the points. Later in the day our D team grabs 2, 7,8 in the circuit race. In the C race, I felt like crap after not warming up properly. No warmup due to letting my teammate borrow my pedals after he broke his 10min prior to his race. No regrets though, that's what a good captain does. Help his teammates when they need it, I know he would have done the same for me. The next day was the HC and crit, our D guys tore it up again grabing top finished in both events. As for me, I had no legs on Sunday. I had a terrible time on the climb, where last year i posted one a great time of 12 minutes. In the crit, I grabbed a bad line through a turn. The wheel i followed was the one of a rider about to be dropped, I realized this way too late. I grabbed two other guys from McGill and Dartmouth and tried to bridge back to the field. One of these riders wasn't pulling through hard enough to get us back, he coughmcgillcough kinda hindered our attempts to get back to the field. Oh well, that's racing for you. You win some you lose some. As for our UMass guys, well you can read about their races here

As promised here are some pics from the weekend









No comments:

Post a Comment